Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The rest of yesterday was "moderate" (I need to devise a scale by which to record the level of mum's state. So far all I can think of is weather forecast terms). Dad and I went to a lecture in the evening (on Bauhaus. Fascinating subject, bumbling, rambling speaker, and lady in charge of "Culture" introduced him to the audience very charmingly, then spoiled it all by having to turn back and read out his name from the OHD image on the screen).
This morning, and I think I detect a pattern here, mum fast asleep around 7:30, while I am in the (open plan) kitchen, preparing breakfast. I work casually, not trying to suppress any noise, so if she wakes up (late by her terms) it feels more natural. She does, goes for her ablutions, and finally makes her kitchen debut for the day. She launches straight into a speech - much like she has done often throughout my life, perhaps not quite so paranoic, but it was there, quietly bubbling under the surface. Looks like she is "not a morning person", the extreme version. I think we should get her to take her medication in the morning, not late afternoon, and perhaps this would take the edge off her temper into the day. Here's hoping.
Later today I plan to drive to the Open University in Raanana, for a free recital organised by an old school friend. Racheli might be there too. Will call her to verify. The program: an Israeli soprano accompanied by a pianist and a saxophonist/flautist, presenting songs by Gershwin, Weil, Gilbert & Sullivan - sounds great already.

1 comment:

Gur said...

Hey dear,
I see that you are still here. My computer crashed but I've managed to read all your recent posts today. Not and easy situation, I can see that.
Anyway - I realised that you are still here and that you escape from time to time. so - try to give me a call when you can.
Hoping for the best for you, mum and dad and the rest of your family.
Kisses,
Gur