Saturday, September 06, 2008

Go? Stay?

Guy invited me to join some family members on a beach near Hadera. They meet up there around 5:30 pm. I am sorely tempted, but wary of not being within reach for my mum's next trick. So far she has joined dad and I downstairs after breakfast. Dad and I already had been out for a walk, quite a distance for him, and "mum needn't know" as she is openly sceptical of his improvement. "A hero all of a sudden. You must have given him something to make him believe he can take care of himself". She left us and went wondering for quite a while. I later found out she went to reception and started complaining that she was being bugged and photographed in the flat (or some such paranoic story). Upshot was they got a bit anxious and called the house social worker on the Saturday (she is off duty today). When dad and I passed the large patio door on the way to his room to fetch something (and to see if mum went there for some reason, as she was gone for a good half an hour) we noticed her talking to Eran, my nephew and a female who as it turned out was the social worker. She later told me what had happened. "She must receive psychiatric help", she said. I told her that we want her to see the house doctor, in the hope the medication perscribed for her by Adonski can be more acceptable to her if it came from the house doctor.
Other manifestations of paranoia: Mum accusing me of deliberately reorganising utensils in her kitchen cupboards so as to confuse her, and every time I'm on the phone - last one was with Guy - the plotting against her. I only hope that a: she takes the medication (and agrees to see the doctor in the first place) and b: that it has the desired effect. Otherwise I shudder to think what else can be done, and this crisis is not helping dad either.

No comments: