Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Let's see: I get up at around 3 am to use the toilet near my room. Mum is standing in the living room, in the dark, fully clothed. She starts her paranoic patter at once. I mutter something and go back to bed. Now I can't go to sleep. I hear (or do I?) rustling, sounds, what the hell is she up to now? I drift in and out.
In the morning, around 6:30 I go to the bathroom, but not so fast. Mum intercepts me. She wants to know how I sneaked right under her nose and took 2500 NIS from her purse (the one featuring in some if not all of her pictures). I try to reason with her to no avail. A few minutes later she wants to know how I managed to sneak in there again and put the money back.
I go to dad with his newspaper en-route to the supermarket. On my return mum announces ahe doesn't want me to make her breakfast. And she won't eat the sliced bread I took out of the freezer last night (a way of life with her, been like that for years). And it's not even 9:00 am yet!

No comments: