Thursday, September 04, 2008

Post Script

Mum calm this morning. I was up early, and she had breakfast at 8 am. I had some food and went down with the newspaper to my dad. He too was at the breakfast table, looking as I expected him to look. He was tearful, struggling to say to me without breaking down: "I just want to know whether I still have a family or am I all alone". I reassured him. Mum joined us after a while. Entering, clinic staff seemed alert! She marched to the table, and with no 'good morning" or any pleasantry launched into "what's got into your head last night?" I told her to belt up or I would call the staff to remove her. Dad didn't want her with him, but on she stayed. I asked the nurses to keep an eye on things, and went back to the flat - the weekly visit from the cleaner was imminent, mum had already expressed her intention to remain in the apartment (that would mean a 2 hour session of her following the cleaner around, "helping", and the said cleaner subsequently never returning to the flat again). Lea has been downstairs, we are to see the house doctor prior to mum's appontment. He is already up to speed on the situation.

No comments: