Tuesday, September 09, 2008

The day started badly, and I was ready for worse, but even that couldn't go to plan, and things are looking up (relatively speaking, of course). After the yo-yo game mum has taken her medication. Again under pressure from Lea, and at several locations, but she took it, and didn't take as long as yesterday. Still moaning as usual, we talked her into eating. I made a nice pumpkin soup, Lea brought her own vegetable rice (saved me making mash) and I defrosted and cooked salmon fillet with dill and chopped onions - very plain but easy on the palate.
It turns out mum's complaint that I and others are taking her pictures everywhere, including the bathroom (gross or what?!) is due to the fact that she doesn't belong in the "modern" age. She pointed at the anti-fire sprinklers placed on the ceiling in the living room (and in every room in the entire building) and said: "there: a camera, there's another one, and that's a camera". She were never told what those unfamiliar objects were.
I have been very emotional today, barely holding off from crying when I told mum something, I forget what it was and she said: "I believe you".
I think she may be getting drowsy, from the pill or due to the fact she was up all night, guarding her purse from me and my pesky habit of stealing money from it, then replacing it.

No comments: