Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Tuesday Sep. 8th

Dropped K off at hospital gate, and by the time I'd parked the car and got to dad's bedside, which took about 5 mins or so she had already secured a mobility chair, a disposable apron and the personal assistance of one of the stronger male assistant (orderly? I'm not sure) to give dad his shower and general spruce up. All that is left for me to do is sit it out, literally, as my services are not required.
Dad's still very weak, his head slumped to the right shoulder as he is wheeled out of the shower. Some hard lifting work ensues, with the skillful assistance of Danny, one of my favourite guys there. Dad is now in the chair (I hope this is wise), and to cut a long story short, it looks like I am only in the way of providing him some good ole' care... I kiss him and leave. I think I'll make some delicious lunch for my mother instead, and visit dad properly later in the day.

No comments: