Thursday, September 03, 2009

Lea and Nir, Come Back. All is Forgiven.

Not really. Last night, before setting off to the comedy show (a little bit about that later) Lea, Adi and I had a Cabinet meeting. Lea outlined the way the operation will continue in the following week whilst she and Nir are in New York City for a well-earned break. Separate budgets set aside for housekeeping and logistic support, a basic roster of hospital shifts, mum transport plan, emergency fund, food in the fridge, back-up in the freezer, washing machine and dishwasher instructions, dog walking plan, you name it, she planned it. I have use of the master bedroom (en suite, if you please), and Adi is in charge of the household. If there's time I shall dazzle them with my cooking one of these days. My mum is less than thrilled, having grown accustomed to Lea and Nir doing practically everything for her, even basic shopping.
I am on dadwatch till later this afternoon, then I take the night watch. Adi is in charge of the afternoon/evening shift and transporting mum to and from hospital. Some tasks will be delegates to Idan who is home on army leave.
Dad's stoned again. They give him something at night and it fucks him up for half the next day. He's been asking after Tamara's kids (my thoughts too: who's Tamara?). Now he wants me to show him how to send SMS (through eyes wide shut). At least we've had a nice walk in the warm sunshine earlier.

No comments: