Saturday, August 30, 2008

Today's Post Script or You Have to Break Eggs to Make an Omelette

Just now, after saying goodnight to my dad mum and I went up, and I had a nice arab-style salad with tahini sauce, omelette with fried red onion, toasted cheese sandwiches... She first said: I could have enjoyed a hard-boiled egg. I said: well, an omelette is what I'm making. Then, at the table when I served the omelette she said: Couldn't you have made fried eggs? This time I was firm with La Fille mal gardée, and I said: You eat what's on your plate and say thank you or ask me to take it away. And next time you can ask for something if you want it, not wait till it's too late. She shut up, thank God (and again, no thank you, no comment on the food, but no negative criticism, so I guess we can call it a marked improvement).
Now I am too tired to go out!
Dad is to be seen by a doctor tomorrow... Mum isn't. Can I?

No comments: