Saturday, August 23, 2008

Furious!

After a sumptuous BBQ at my sister's last night, I took mum back home. I've had an annoying tickle in my throat all afternoon, and it has now flared up to a full blown head cold - I am sneezing my head off here! I could barely sleep last night, and rummaged for (and found) some Ibuprofen this morning. I've been wondering what that nasty smell was in the "other" bathroom (my parents new place has 2 of them, the spare one serving as a utility room with the washing machine in it). Having opened the top drawer the mystery was solved: it's a cornucopia of pharmaceuticals. A bewildering array of pills, tablets, ointments and things that look like they could make your eyes water if taken as instructed by your physician. Sweet!
I'm concerned about later this morning. I don't want to put dad at risk: Shall I ask the nurses in hospital for a surgical mask? Might they not bar me from the place? I know I'll be washing my hands constantly at any rate. I don't have to be very close to dad, except for when he wants to move from his bed to the chair, and when nurse needs help when treating him. Something to ponder.

No comments: