Sunday, August 24, 2008

Sunday, 24/08/2008



















An Angel, with a voice to match

















My mum took this pic. You'd be amazed how hard pressing a little button can be!



Dad seemed down today - voice very hoarse, and I am sure I've infected him with my disgusting germs!!!
Physically I am sure he is a little stronger than yesterday, but in the evening his blood pressure dropped quite a lot - on the first day they stopped giving him a transfusion.
There was meant to be a doctors/surgeons conference this morning over his case, but it has been put off till tomorrow. Adds to the frustration.
I will try and cheer him up with the Jewish method of... food - he is fed up with hospital food. Who wouldn't be after nearly 3 weekes of that monotony? I may bring him some breakfast with flavour, for a change.
The soundtrack to this "holiday" is an album by Grégory Lemarchal, courtesy of my friend Jean-François who was in London on the weekend prior to my hasty separture. Grégory was diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis, and having won the French Star Academy in 2004 he went on to become hugely popular in France, Germany and most of Western Europe (yet unheard of in the UK). In April 2007 he died of complications while waiting for an organ transplant. He was 23.
I totally fell in love with this tragic kid, and his single Je Deviens Moi (written by Rosenstolz, arguably Germany's biggest rock/pop act, also virtual unknowns in the UK). It may have something to do with sublimation of emotions: with dad I am helpful, both in the physical needs department and on the morale front by making conversation, playing him music and so on, but I am efficient, not emotional. But I listen to little G. singing on the way to and back from hospital and my eyes get all misty!!! My mum is developing some fondness to him too. Probably because he died. Otherwise he would be blanked... I am intrigued to hear the original German version of the single. The tune sounded so French to me, it's almost impossible to imagine it under any other flag.

No comments: