Saturday, August 23, 2008

Expelled!
















My sister and B. in law joined my mum and me at my father's side this morning. Lea was dismayed to find me there with a cold - dad's immune system is next to non-existent, I shouldn't be in the building even. I was given my marching orders. I am to go there later today, only to say a quick hello, pick up mum and go to Lea's for lunch (how am I to lose weight, ever?).
Aaanywayz, before Lea and Nir arrived, mum and I found dad sitting in his chair, his breakfast tray before him, virtually untouched. My dad has stayed in hospitals several times in his life. He never complains about well, anything really. He always eats the hospital food and objects to people bringing him any food from "outside" because he believed in the system. But even he eventually tired of having almost exactly the same food day in, day out. Besides, he was too weak to feed himself. That woman was right all along, I suppose, if spoon feeding him the other day. True to form, she took charge of the situation, while I sat on the bed, and started snapping. Pictures, that is. Here I present a sampler from the many pics I took. I call it "The Best of Breakfast"

No comments: