Sunday, July 10, 2005

Visit to Yad Vashem















"Machaneh Yehudah" Market, Jerusalem. Unmissable.
















Jerusalem Hills
















Observation platform at edge of Yad Vashem, overlooking Jerusalem Hills
















A courtyard in Yad Vashem Museum
















Approaching the Yad Vashem Museum



On Tuesday I got myself on a but to Jerusalem and headed to the new Yad Vashem (the Holocaust Museum). I am writing this post after the 7/7 terrorist attacks of London, so I can't help but smile wryly when I recall thinking I was doing all the things one was expected to avoid in Jerusalem i.e. take a bus or visit the famous Machaneh Yehudah market, the site of so many terrorist attacks in the past. I took a few pictures of the view from and around the museum (no photography allowed inside), and one of the market - a delightful experience, just the tonic after a harrowing, sombre visit to Yad Vashem (also a must in my opinion - it puts the whole concept of Israel into perspective).

No comments: