Monday, May 16, 2005

Monday, Perfect for Culture

Back in the apartment after my visit to the temporary home of the Stedelijk Museum in the Post Office building. The original site is being remodelled and expanded. It seems Amsterdam is determined to be the world's capital city where art is concerned, with projects on a massive scale in progress on Museumplein, namely on the Rijksmuseum as well as the Stedelijk, it is set to become a serious pretender to the throne. Here are a few pictures I took there. I also visited the World Press Photo Competition '05 at the Oude Kerk (the Old Church). Being all about press photography, and the state of the world today, it makes for an uncomfortable viewing, with only very few pictures to put a smile on one's face. And while I respect and admire the work that singular breed perform, the idea of standing around, gawping at (mostly) other people's misery made me feel guilty of something. I didn't take any pictures there, partly because I was already a bit tired and getting impatient to get home and take a siesta, which I am about to do!


Sorry all, I seem to have lost all my pix for this post. Clever.

No comments: